Join The U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol®
You can depend on us for innovations in sustainability and rigorous fair labor practices.
In a period of ever greater supply chain scrutiny and a growing demand for transparency and traceability, The U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol® sets a new standard for more sustainably grown cotton. Participating brands and retailers will gain access to U.S. cotton backed by year over year data to help them demonstrate their environmental credentials. Sign up now to help us drive continuous improvements in responsible growing.
Mill & Manufacturer Membership Benefits
- Opportunity to be identified as part of a fully transparent supply chain and be selected by brands as they look to source U.S. cotton fiber
- Ability to use the Trust Protocol logo and materials to communicate about sustainability goals
- Recognition on the Trust Protocol website
- Access to a specialized package of technical support free of charge for members who license U.S. cotton and participate in the Trust Protocol
Connect with a representative to see how a membership can benefit your company.
Brand & Retailer Membership Benefits
- Opportunity to claim Protocol Cotton Consumption Units through the Protocol Consumption Management Solution
- Quantifiable, verifiable data against science-based goals for sustainable cotton production
- Article-level full supply chain transparency
- Package for communications, storytelling and marketing
And so much more! Connect with a representative to see how a membership can benefit your company.
Membership and Alignments
The U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol is aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, recognized by Textile Exchange and Forum for the Future, and part of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Cotton 2025 Sustainable Cotton Challenge, Cotton 2040 and Cotton Up initiatives. It has also been recognized and published in the ITC Standards Map, recognized as a standard for sustainable cotton by the Partnership for Sustainable Textiles, and is an ISEAL Community Member.
Measures and Verifies Sustainability Commitments
There has never been a greater expectation for sustainability and transparency, as brands and retailers around the globe are being held accountable for every step of their supply chain. U.S. cotton is widely recognized for its quality and now has the grower-level data in one spot to support its sustainability credentials.
We’re setting our sustainability goals higher.
The U.S. cotton industry is building upon the strong environmental gains already achieved over the past 35 years. The aim is to help members meet their current needs while making the world a better place for future generations.
Specific goals include:
- Reduce water use by 18%
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 39%
- Increase land use efficiency by 13%
- Decrease energy use by 15%
- Reduce soil loss by 50%
- Increase soil carbon by 30%
U.S. COTTON HELD UP TO UN STANDARDS
Meet the demand for sustainability with cotton grown to align with UN Sustainable Development Goals.
INVESTING IN SUSTAINABILITY
Listen to the Smarter Conversations podcast to hear how U.S. cotton invests over $100 million per year in sustainability research.
LISTEN TO THIS
The new podcast, Smarter Conversations, gives you expert insights on sustainability.
A report from The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
EIU’s report, Is sustainability in fashion? Industry leaders share their views, sponsored by the U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol®, draws on expert insights and observations of key decision-makers at leading brands about the sustainability challenges the fashion industry faces today, and examines how to change the industry for the better in the future.
Contact a Representative
Fill out the information below and a representative will reach out to you shortly.
All fields are required.