Cotton Council International 2009 Buyers Guide
Prepared and Distributed by Cotton Council International and the National Cotton Council of America.
This guide provides information to potential buyers of U.S. cotton about the fiber properties of the principle varieties of cotton grown in the various regions of the U.S. Cotton Belt. Information such as the names and addresses of exporting companies, production and ginning seasons, official U.S. cotton standards, packaging and transportation data also is included. Unless otherwise stated, the information source is the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Cotton Production Map
- Regions of U.S. Cotton Production
Statistics on cotton production in the four major geographic areas of the U.S.
- U.S. Cotton Production by State
Annual crop yields for the past two years (American Pima cotton is broken out).
- Trends in Cotton Varieties
Most popular cotton varieties and acreage statistics.
- American Pima Cotton
Information and statistics about the American pima cotton variety.
- Upland Cotton Varieties Planted by State
Percentages of total cotton crop by variety for each cotton-producing state.
- U.S. Harvesting and Ginning Practices and Percentage of Cotton Ginned Prior to Specific Dates
Information and statistics for the 2007-08 season.
- Sampling and Bale Packaging
U.S. baling and sampling practices, standards, and typical bale dimensions.
- Warehousing of U.S. Cotton & U.S. Cotton Exports by Ports
U.S. Cotton Exports By Port.
- Classification of U.S. Cotton
- Official Cotton Standards for 2008-2009
Standards by Color Grade, Leaf Grade and Inches.
- Data from the 2007-2008 Crop Season
Average Micronaire Value, Average Strength, Average Length Uniformity Index, and Average Staple Length for the West, Southwest, Mid-South and Southeast.
- Typical Cotton Properties for Selected Fabrics
- How U.S. Cotton is Marketed
Characteristics for selling U.S. cotton and contractual elements that are used to sell American cotton overseas.
- Letter of Credit
Function of Letters of Credit, how they work, and components that should be included.
- Export Guarantee Programs
- Contact Information for Supporting Organizations
Visit the searchable Cotton Fiber Suppliers directory.